Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Proud Mama!

Eric and I have always been very open with Anna and Jude, teaching them to have an over-all understanding of people. How everyone my be "different" yet we are all alike in God's eyes. So, when the earthquake hit Haiti and it was all over the television, and Eric and I visited about it quiet often around the house Anna took it upon herself to ask if she could help. This is the part where I am so proud of her: She decided (with my help) that she wanted to do a fund raiser at her school. I told her she would have to present her idea to her principal and see what he says. She did this and he was on board. Over the weekend Anna and I made posters of the children in Haiti and the cost it takes to feed them rice, beans, and porridge. We also made a 1/2 sheet flier and sent home with all the kids. For five days each class participated, the kids at Denkmann school rock! Anna's goal was $200for the week. SHE RAISED: $934.34 I couldn't believe it!!! Anna wanted the winning class to receive a prize. So, we decided on an ice cream sundea party! Anna's 1st grade teacher's class won and her 2nd grade class got 2nd place! After her principal presented her with the check, she wrote Sammy Mah, President of World Relief a letter asking him to make sure the money she raised helped those children in Haiti!

Again, I am so very proud of her and her school. The youth pastor at our church, stated a few Sunday's ago that the first 9 years of a child's life are the most formative. I pray that both Anna and Jude are learning and becoming caring individuals that love all people so that when they become adults they will have this be part of their character. Yup, I'm extremely proud of them both!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all ROCK! What a meaningful event that your family will never forget. We are sure Proud of you all -- Keep up the good work. Love, Aunt Sue

Afton Bond said...

Way to go Anna!!!!